Acquisitions made easy
We work closely with our clients to provide advice throughout the whole acquisition process. This includes:
- Agreeing the type, size, location, tenure and other characteristics of the property to be acquired.
- Undertaking a specialist search for suitable opportunities (both on and off market).
- Reporting search results in a concise and easily understood format.
- Undertaking inspections of the most suitable properties to identify and agree the clients preferred option(s).
- Negotiating with the property owners to agree the best terms.
- Providing advice on related subject areas, e.g. building surveying, planning, environmental considerations.
- Instructing and working with solicitors to achieve successful completion within the required timescales.
Site acquisition for Co-op Funeralcare
In 2014, as part of our ongoing relationship with Co-op Funeralcare, PGN Property Consultants were tasked with finding and acquiring a property in Scarborough. Our brief was to search for an existing property which could be redeveloped to house a new funeral care centre.
Following an extensive search for suitable premises, we identified a possible option. Along with our client we fully investigated the opportunity to lease the property but could not reach final agreement on terms. However, by maintaining a close link with the local agents, we found out about another property which looked suitable and was coming to market.
Columbus House near the centre of Scarborough ticked most of the boxes in terms of size, access, general facilities and location. However, planning permission for a change of use and relocation of the current occupiers was necessary.
PGN Property Consultants worked very closely with the client and their associated consultants on a range of matters. These included: final agreement of purchase terms; progression of a successful planning application; an environmental investigation regarding the suspected location of a former underground fuel tank.
The purchase eventually completed in Spring 2017 and was a testament to the patience and professionalism of everyone involved. It also highlighted the value of a good relationship between vendor and purchaser to overcome the obstacles which a deal like this inevitably throws up. There then followed an extensive redevelopment and fit-out of the property.
During this period, we also acted for Co-op Funeralcare to lease a new funeral home on Ramshill Road in Scarborough. This offers them facilities in a location where they had been looking for some time.
Interested in finding out more?
To find out how PGN Property Consultants can help you, get in touch for a chat.